We are looking for a full-time employee to work as a Junior Developer. The job will involve building tools and software for media workflows. You will be working with a team of 5 engineers, who have been working in this space for many years. You will not be expected to be client-facing (you don’t have to do any selling). Willingness to learn new skills will be essential and we will be happy to help train internally or externally to best develop your skills.
- Computer Sciences Degree – 2:1 and above or equivalent
- OS X, Linux (if you will only work on Windows you are not going to be a good fit)
- Good Google foo (we don’t expect you to know everything but you should be able and willing to look it up)
- Willingness to fail and try again
- Write code others are able to understand
- Able to read and make sense of other’s API documentation
- Able to commute to West London. We can not provided visas or relocation costs.
- Cocoa/Objective C, iOS development
- Java, python, bash
- AWS, Lambda, Node.js
- Git, yum, man, sed
- Media experience (do you know what timecode is?)
- Own project to discuss in the interview. Bonus points if it is already in the app store.
About 10dot1 Ltd.
We are a niche consultancy company specialising in workflow solutions for the creative media industry. Much of our work is cutting edge, which means our clients will ask for things that have never been done. Projects range from small solutions for in-house media departments to business-wide deployments for giant worldwide brands. You will be exposed to a whole range of different uses for media in today's world.
We are based in West London, a short walk from both Notting Hill Gate and Ladbroke Grove tube stations. We have a relaxed work environment and are a still a small and relatively young company in terms of ages and attitude.
Our most valuable asset is the experience and expertise of our staff. We do not have a rigid hierarchy of management - everybody here works and we feel the people that do the work should be rewarded and respected for the work they do. If you feel you would be a good fit for this team and would like to keep pushing the boundaries of your skills we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org A cover letter and some screen shots of any projects (personal or otherwise) you have been involved in would also help.